SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

everywhere at once would be perfect

10.25.2011

am feeling nostalgic today...









the sea








though i am so in love with my mountains and this fall weather
my heart can't help but think of all the other places i love today...
and it makes me wish deeply that i could put all of my
favorite places into one convenient location.

last fall ceej and i took a trip to yosemite national park.
we stayed in the perfect little tent-cabins in curry village,
woke early to see the misty frost in the fields,
and walked around to view half-dome, yosemite falls, and more.
it was the coziest trip to the mountains ever.

i've been getting an itch to visit the ocean...
the cold, foggy, stormy sea. that sounds so soothing right now.

and i miss oxford.
i miss studying in the bodleian library,
having discussions with my classmates & my incredible professor,
i miss buildings that are centuries old.

but i want these mountains in the fall too.
how to be everywhere at once?


6 comments:

Carey Brown Strombotne said...

just close your eyes...

Caroline said...

I'm nostalgic today too! xo!

Humble Alcove said...

When I saw the first picture, it took my breath away. Beautiful. They are all beautiful.

tinyparticlesoflight said...

Those trips sound wonderful - Yosemite is one of my childhood memories.
When I step outside under the overcast sky and there is just a hint of rain I long for Amsterdam, riding bicycles all over the city, out to the seaside villages, waiting out the afternoon showers at a warm coffee shop....one day we'll go there again and this time with our boys.

xo
cortnie

nikaela marie said...

one of my very dear best friends worked at the bodleian library for two years while her husband finished his masters. we visted them and were very very entranced by all of oxford. lucky you for studying there.

xx

nolitawanders said...

Love the first photo by the way.

I know what you mean, London is wonderful but coming from Vancouver, I miss the mountains and the sea... wish we could have best of both worlds x