SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

yosemite: "every rock in its walls seems to glow with life" {project film}

11.18.2010






























wouldn't it have been something to have run into john muir on a trail
back in the day?
he could tell us about how the valley lives in his scottish brogue...
about how he would climb to the top of a tree during a storm
just to see how the tree felt being blown about,
or how he first entered the valley with birds singing and flowers carpeting every inch.

at least this wonderful place has been preserved to a large extent
so we can enjoy it.
thank you, john muir, for advocating national parks.

6 comments:

stephanie said...

Beautiful shots! What camera/film type did you use? It really makes these views look amazing.

Ann Marie said...

I have a Canon Elan7 camera that I used, and the film is TMAX 400. I really like how they turned out...usually I like less grain, but I like these shots too ;)

Unknown said...

these photos make my heart beat a little faster. my goodness, they are breathtaking.

just so you know, your blog is a favorite of mine.

Kerry O'Gorman said...

John Muir had such an intimate relationship with nature and her elements and I would have also liked to meet him. He lived in our neck of the woods eons ago...and your photos? Look out Ansel Adams!

Erin said...

These fotos are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them! I especially love the shots through the grasses toward the rock walls. Breathtaking.

Cobalt Violet said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing these. I love Yosemite and miss it so much. It's been so long and we used to go every year when my grandma was alive. (she lived about 40 minutes away!)

Anyway... just stunning!