SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

Peaceful Uprising

2.27.2009

Last weekend my mom and I went to an event at the Salt Lake City Library presented by a new organization called Peaceful Uprising. We heard from Soren Simonson (a city councilman), Terry Tempest Williams (a naturalist and author), and Tim DeChristopher (student activist). I was deeply touched by their sincerity, their energy, and their passion. The thing that struck me most was their kindness. Activists are often envisioned as irrational and out-of-touch, but it was obvious that these people love the earth, love people, love the environment. They each told us ways we could get involved to bring about change in our world...especially an environmental change.

Please visit Peaceful Uprising's web site to find many articles about things like coal energy, civil disobedience, and much more!

I hope some of you will take action...I'm feeling discouraged these days, and would like some help in making the world better!

0 comments: