SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

Manifesto Monday: Dependence

3.02.2009

I believe in being dependent. A few years ago, I sat in a history class, surrounded by nameless people. The class discussion took an unforseen and seemingly random course...we began talking about the need to be independent. We grow up with goals of going out on our own, and of accomplishing grand things to put on a resume. The more we do on our own, the more we are rewarded, and the more people think of us. What's so great about someone who had help all along the way?
Well, I'm here to admit, that I've had help every step of the way. I've needed the love of some people, and the encouragement from others. I need to belong to a group of people who support me and urge me to move forward. I need people to show me how to move forward. I need all of you more than you'll ever know. I can't do it without you. I am not an independent woman. I cannot do anything by myself. I depend on each and everyone of you (even those of you who are nameless to me). This I believe.
photo by cig harvey

1 comments:

Natalie said...

I thing the only way to love and to truly be loved is to be dependent. We are all dependent on eachother, even if it's not realized. Great Manifesto.