SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

5-Year Plan

2.20.2009

I just took fifteen minutes to quickly write up a tentative plan-o-dreams. It's all looks so simple and nice on my little notecard. Easy, right? I'll be taking extra doses of Dr. Leo Marvin's advice: baby steps. (by the way, Ceej doesn't know about my full-blown plan yet, so let's surprise him here!)

May 2009: Attend the INHUT (Integrated Natural History of Utah) program where I'll get to learn about intimate spaces in Utah, and learn to write about my experience.

Summer 2009: spend time in sunny California with Ceej...going to farmer's markets, driving through small towns, and eating giant macarons! (and doing a little studying for the GRE in all my spare time).

Fall 2009: Back to the UofU to further get over my fears, create stronger relationships with professors, write more, and take the biggest leap: apply for the Bread Loaf program and one other graduate program (why not get two master's degrees?)...I haven't decided what the other one will be yet.

Winter 2010: Go to school in Dingle, Ireland.

Summer 2010: Begin classes at one of the Bread Loaf campuses.

Fall 2010: Begin second graduate program.

Spring 2012: Graduate as a master of _________________.

Summer 2014: Graduate as a master of Bread Loaf!

Then I'll take a year off...then start my next phase of life...teaching (and maybe parenting).

2 comments:

CJ said...

Sweet plans Ann!

Marie said...

That is an awesomely amazing plan Ann! I wish you luck and all the energy you will need. And I think it's cute that CJ is supportive!