SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

Friday Issue: For the Love of Money

2.20.2009

Yesterday I finally got around to listening to this RadioWest program. Robert Kaiser reports on how lobbying has changed over the past 40-50 years, and what that means for politics. Basically, his argument is that money is central. Americans favorite passtime is making money (not playing baseball). He does not advocate for the complete anhilation of lobbyists, but examines their motives and tactics. Are they proper? Is it right? I have to admit that I would like lobbyists to continue to be part of politics...I'd just like a whole new breed of lobbyists. Maybe one day you and I could be lobbyists...we'd be honest and transparent in our dealings, and fight true injustices, and we'll do it all for beans. Go here to listen for yourself. Then let's all read the book.

0 comments: