SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

hello?

7.30.2009

yes, i'm still here.
feeling very strange and out of place today.
so i'm just going to sit with it.
i'm allowing myself to do almost nothing today.
well, at least i let go of my asana practice,
and that's saying something.
this is in my head:
"but i'll tell you life is sweet,
inspite of the misery
there's so much more to be grateful."

and i am grateful.
always.
here's a list.
one. i am oh so grateful for a very good friend that i get to see everyday: cj
two. i am indeed grateful for difficult days. they stretch me, and remind me i am human.
three. i am grateful for shelves full of books written by wonderful people.
four. i am grateful for all that life has to offer...even if somedays it feels like it's not offering it to me.
five. i am grateful for music that enters my ears, but touches my soul
six. i am grateful for tears
seven. i am grateful for laughter...especially when i can laugh at myself
eight. i am grateful that life goes on...that the sun rises everyday, and never stops
nine. i am grateful for rain...especially when i haven't felt it in months
ten. i am grateful for a friend who is there for me whenever i need someone to say something encouraging: cj (love you!)
what are you grateful for?
photos by me. sometime in july 2009. by the window. flowers from the market.

4 comments:

amy said...

My swamp cooler.

About Me said...

YOU! Thanks for this post. I needed it today.

holly jo said...

i know it sounds cheesy but i really am grateful for you. and other pretty ladies. they make the world bearable. I hope i get to see you sometime in august!

julia said...

mountains so incredible they look fake, a healthy body, inspiration, the lack of inspiration only because it asks me to be patient and humble. flowers. kindred spirits.