SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

Someday

10.29.2008

Someday I will visit the British Isles for many months and years. That is where my daydreaming takes me...to green hills and jagged coastlines, to places where my ancestors lived, to a place where my studies of Medieval British Literature and poetry will drench my soul. Here's a little somethin'-somethin' from James Joyce, the famous Irish poet.

The twilight turns from amethyst
to deep and deeper blue,
The lamp fills with a pale green glow
The trees of the avenue.
The old piano plays an air,
Sedate and slow and gay;
She bends upon the yellow keys,
Her head inclines this way.
Shy thoughts and grave wide eyes and hands
That wander as they list--
The twilight burns to darker blue
With lights of amethyst.

0 comments: