SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

Words: Be Kind

8.20.2008


Today I am thinking on something I think of often: the power of words. I love the Sanskrit language because those who formed the language did so with the intention that every sound should be sacred. They believed that sound was the quickest way to the divine.
It saddens me when we use harsh words towards each other and accuse each other falsely. I am reminded of this well-known passage that is wisdom for us all:
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man, but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth the man.
So please be kind to each other, and assume only the best of each other's hearts.

2 comments:

Drikung Kagyu Media said...

Hello Anne Marie, visit my blog..I hope you find it nice. did it with a lot of my heart...

shanti poornam

Budismo & Yoga BLOG

Dee said...

I did not know that about Sanskrit. That is sooo cool.
A friend forwarded me this quote yesterday: "Be kinder than necessary; for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." I just loved it! Soooo true.
Thanks for the words!