SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

i love being a woman : laura lawrence {scientist, generous hostess, bright light}

3.15.2010



laura saves me in so many ways...mostly from loneliness.
i love going to her very cute apartment for to-die-for-dinners
or even having her over to my out-dated apartment for a lesser meal.
she is good for my heart here.
we can talk about all those things you're not supposed to talk about with
acquaintances: politics, religion, environmentalism, etc.
i unload on her usually.
and she kindly listens, and teaches me knew things.
laura saves me.

here is her list of reasons she loves being a woman:


1. Wearing pearl necklaces and long flowing skirts

2. Having a nurturing instinct

3.Instinctively knowing things because my female intuition is at work

4.The possibility of feeling babies grow inside my belly

5. The way men feel compelled to lift heavy objects for me
(My feminist nature used to protest, but now I see this as a way that men can honor
both a woman's strengths and weaknesses.)

6. The example I set for little girls that a woman can become anything she wants to be

7.The insights about people and situations that I'm able to contribute in the workplace,
and that my male coworkers sometimes miss

8. The friendships I have with other strong women--close female friends share a bond
that is different from other relationships

9. Being a mother, even without children of my own

10. A certain sensitivity to things that are beautiful




lovely list, laura! thank you!

{photo by me...as are most photos on this site, unless otherwise noted}

2 comments:

Paige said...

Wow, I just stumbled upon your blog like a child into fairyland. I love this list. I relate to number 5, especially :) And your photography is lovely.

Brittany said...

i love this list, i love this list.