SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

my heart leaps up when i behold...

9.17.2009


over the weekend ceej and i finally got around to unboxing all of our books...
hip, hip hooray!

i re-discovered my favorites...old, worn, and torn:
wordsworth, dickens, and dante {just to name a few}

i'm in love with these books. they have been good friends indeed...
and to more people than myself. i don't know who owned them first.
i wonder why they chose these books, and how often they read them and why.


the first time i ever heard of wordsworth was when i picked up one of these tattered books, and i read the first poem i flipped open to:

My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The child is father of the man;
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.

photos by me and cj. september 2009.

0 comments: