SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

i like art, of course, but who thought i'd ever enjoy a pop country concert?

7.28.2009

saturday we had a birthday extravaganza for my mother-in-law.
i truly enjoyed visiting this art exhibit.
the painting above was one of my very favorites.
do you think someday i'll paint something this beautiful?
we shall see.
practice. practice. practice.

another favorite.
zina's mom is always a favorite.
never met her.
do you think you could arrange something, zina?
i mean, we are related.

after lots of art and lots of food
we headed up to deer valley.
it was oh so nice to get out of the heat and
into some clean mountain air.
now,
whenever someone asks me if i like country music
i make sure to say that i like "old" country music like:
johnny cash, john prine, nanci griffith, etc.
i do not like:
garth brooks, tim mcgraw, faith hill, etc.
so i was pleasantly surprised that i enjoyed
the night with
she can rock...and i like that.


thanks, whittakers, for a good time!

2 comments:

zlb said...

of course my dear. come down and visit! if you like horses my mom would take you riding, she is always looking for people to ride with. xo

Dee said...

I remember when her first hit single, Blue, came out and I loved her voice. She was amazing for such a young kid. I love old country too: Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash!

Outdoor concerts are so fun! I'm hoping Mason Jennings will come to Utah one of these days!