SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

Dreams of Teachers

9.11.2008

My favorite things about high school: 1) Art History teacher, Ms. Hughes and 2) English teacher, JudyMac.



Last night Ms. Hughes popped up briefly in my dreams. So glad she did. I think everyone who was in her Art History class decided to major in it their first year of college, but soon dropped out because the professors weren't nearly as good as she was. She, like JudyMac, are the teachers that finally taught me to learn to love learning!

I can still hear and see JudyMac saying "then all smiles stopped together." from Robert Browning's poem, My Last Duchess.

Thank heaven for good teachers. Too bad it took my senior-year-teachers to teach my how to love learning...could have used that a bit earlier! But, alas, I love it now and forever grateful!

3 comments:

sarah sample said...

love you anna. miss you too. lets try to talk soon. sorry we missed e/o

Natalie said...

I still wish I could have taken that class because of how much you and Andrea loved it.

Dee said...

This made me feel sooo appreciative of teachers. I wish these favorite teachers of yours would see this post!