SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

A Day In the Desert

1.22.2008


We drove down to Southern Utah LATE last night, arriving at 3:00 AM. Our late night journey was well worth it. We spent our afternoon hiking in Snow Canyon. I noticed for the first time how the wintered sage brush truly has a neon and metallic glow...it's really quite amazing and beautiful. I wonder at why I have never noticed it before this day. But I am glad to have finally opened my eyes a bit wider. We found some absolutely wise trees and definitely some Ents...I'll be posting those photos soon. I'm glad we were able to come down. Our conversations revealed that the desert is CJ's and Ashley's first love. Mine, obviously, is Ireland, though I do indeed love the mystery and beauty of our more dry climates.

1 comments:

zlb said...

ohhhhh. the desert is my first love too. i'm jealous you guys had a little time down there, but so happy for you.