SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

A Voice as Old as the Earth

12.28.2007


I was just making a re-visit to a CD I purchased in the summer of 2006. The reason I bought this certain CD was the result of falling in love with this ancient voice belonging to Moira Smiley. I was at Song Writing school in Lyons, Colorado with good friends. Each night they have an open-mic...Moira came from behind the crowd belting a song that was most mysterious and enchanting in a Baltic style. I had an immediate crush, and signed up for a one-on-one mentoring session the next day. Indeed she is an elvish spirit who is wise and beautiful. Some day I will sing like her.

Her album "Rua" (Irish for "red") is my favorite. Check her out. http://www.moirasmiley.com/

0 comments: