SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

a little nostalgia {from the archives} : missing ceej, my red hair, christmas tree hunting, and decorating a big tree...

11.28.2012
































ceej is traveling through europe for business {lucky}, and i'm missing his entire person:
his jokes, random texts, hearing him come home through the door, talking face to face.
but feeling lucky i got to talk with him via skype twice today. that's pretty good.

since we downsized there isn't room for a full-size christmas tree in our little place...
so we simply picked up a table-top tree from our grocery store and strung up some twinkly lights.
it's beautiful in our little room, but i sure am missing last year's tree hunt and decorating festivities.

and, finally, i'm missing my red hair...i used to go to the best hair stylist. truly. but it cost me a pretty penny for sure. so now i have a new stylist who simply trims my hair straight across the bottom:
thank you, ceej, for being willing to cut my hair so we can save a good chunk of cash.

grateful for all the saving that's going on in our lives. grateful for all the opportunities that have
miraculously popped up in our lives this past year. it's tough to sacrifice for big dreams,
but i can already feel how worth it it all will be.

15 comments:

Nicole Jeannette said...

How wonderful!!

Debie Grace said...

I'm used to have my hair cut by a stylist! I'm happy that over the years, I have saved up money from that and I'm just so lucky that my aunt is a secretly good hair stylist!

Rhianne said...

I sometimes forget that all the sacrifices will be worth it in the end, thank you for the lovely reminder.

sweet harvest moon said...

Where in Europe is he?
I think your hair looks beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

i remember your christmas posts from last year and how beautiful and inspiring they were! thanks for re-sharing, ann marie. even though it's not december quite yet, i'm tooootally in the mood now for some holiday rituals. hope the hubs isn't gone long!

Inge said...

It's always so lovely to catch up on your blog. Such wonderful images and thoughts to accompany them. There was even snow! I can only hope we'll get some this year.
I know exactly what you mean about sacrificing for big dreams. I'm creating my own business which means I'm able to spend most of my days doing what I love, but I also have very little money. But it's already worth it and will only get better.

blues said...

i've just discovered your blog!
outdoors, style, travelling, music and happiness, perfect!
i follow you!!

blues said...

i've just discovered your blog!
outdoors, style, travelling, music and happiness... just perfect!
i follow you!!

blues said...

i've just discovered your blog!
outdoors, style, travelling, music and happiness... just perfect!
i follow you!!

blues said...

i've just discovered your blog!
outdoors, style, travelling, music and happiness... just perfect!
i follow you!!

natalie said...

i have just discovered your blog and have to say i have a little crush, so much so that i included a link to a few fav posts on my blog today. there is such beauty in your words and image, i'm very happy to be following along now. nat x

...Nina Nixon... said...

Such a beautiful tree though - I think the smell is just as important as the look.

Nina x

robyn said...

Hi, i just found your blog and i love it some much! i was just wondering what camera you use because all of your photos are beautiful! thanks so much

Ann Marie said...

Thanks, Robyn! I use a Nikon d90 with a 35mm lens most of the time ;)

nedj said...

Even without red hair, even without great christmas tree ... I wish you sweet celebration full of love ...

Nedj from FRANCE