SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

project grand teton : climbing multi-pitch, learnin' rope speak, and getting used to wearing a helmet

8.30.2012














































two big tugs on the rope means...well, i already forgot. and three big tugs means something else.
it's been a few weeks since we practiced rope communication, and i've already forgot these essentials.
but, good news for me, there will be plenty of practice time this weekend when we head out
to the wind rivers in wyoming to do a few multi-pitch climbs.
i've been wanting to head out to the wind rivers for years, and i finally get to go. yay cirque of the towers! yay west!

anyway, this multi-pitch climb we did a few weeks ago up little cottonwood canyon (aka granite heaven) had me a bit scared...well, a lot scared. i cried while i worked my way through the crux.
you know it. somehow crying helped me get through it. what a release.
i felt justified seeing that i haven't been climbing in six years. i have to re-learn how to use and position my body as i climb up the rock. it really is a balancing act, and my six-year-older body is a bit confused. so i practice.

just two and a half weeks until we head up the grand! woohoo!

3 comments:

Cobalt Violet said...

Oh my gosh ... I'm so impressed! I'm a bit (a lot) afraid of those kinds of heights but amazing to push your body and brain and see what you can do!
Beautiful spot too! Congratulations!

e.m. said...

you document things so well. what a talent that you will be able to look back on & enjoy forever!
i'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a photography class. just to add to your many projects.
good luck with your adventures!

Britt Chudleigh said...

You're a stud.