SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

desktop quote & manifesto monday : growing things from the earth

3.21.2011








yesterday marked the first day of spring.
i can see little buds making their way on our trees outside.
i know we'll have more winter storms,
but i am anxious about seeing green sprouting from the earth.
i am anxious to smell the ground thawing.
i am anxious for birds to chirp, waking me in the morning.

i am anxious for change. aren't you?
i am anxious to smell new smells,
to see new views...to find a way "out."

this week i hope to find ways
out of my routine,
out of my world-view,
out of myself.

perhaps by digging in my own earth, that is my heart,
i will thaw old beliefs and allow
new growth to begin.




{right click on the top image for a smaller desktop image; right click on the bottom image for a larger image}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday may have been the first day of spring, but it sure didn't feel like it!!!!!

Char said...

oh yes, spring is here in the south and i love it

Shokoofeh said...

This is not a new thing, but I couldn't resist not to write you again that your words are so special to my heart.

Happy Spring to you. xo