SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

twirling : how to get a pulse back

11.06.2012








































































can i tell you how healing it is for me to head to the mountains to our cabin?
it's priceless. my ability to focus and manage my time there is incredible.
i feel my pulse come back into my veins. i get fiery. i get decisive. i get fearless.

this morning, during my run, my pulse was with me. strong.
that pulse brings visions and ideas to my brain, one thought after another. steady.

this afternoon...the pulse left me. i felt a bit defeated, finding myself in a space that just didn't feel right.

my solutions: first, get something to eat {grilled cheese with tomato}. second, take a breath while
watching my thoughts. accepting them. third, enjoy a piece of chocolate. fourth, turn on music with a pulse {violins} and peruse through the weekend's cabin photos....

then find pictures of a moment of pure bliss i had while walking at sunset through an aspen forest with ceej.
i couldn't resist that twirling. i couldn't help but smile and laugh...there it was. my pulse.

slowly, i feel it coming back to me...though it's not quite at twirling stage yet.
there's too much cleaning, emailing, list-making, and studying to do in my small little space in too short a time. but it's coming back. because it has to. because it always does.

by the weekend, i should be twirling again.


14 comments:

Tania said...

Amen to twirling! Love those pictures. they truly shine bright with happiness x

Ariane Reichardt said...

Dear Ann Marie,
wonderful pics... you, as a dancing dervish. A wonderful meditation.

Best,
Ariane.

Sara said...

It sounds like you know of the perfect way of bringing your pulse back. And you're right... it always does come back.

And the twirling... who could resist that? :) Take care.

joanne said...

Beautiful twirling! And of course chocolate has to be on the list ;)

Debie Grace said...

This is lovely! I need to bring my *pulse* back. Your photos look very merry. I love those. :D

the wild magnolia said...

i love the whirling and twirling and chocolate....it is all good.

sweet harvest moon said...

Such wonderful and fun pictures!

Nicole Jeannette said...

CUTE lady!

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Ah! another twirling devotee!
Works every time...and you do it brilliantly...
Last time I was caught red handed, twirling in the sunset outside the barn..my friend Emma was passing in the Lane ..."twirling again? Can I join you?" and so...we twirled...

Heavenly post

Sarah -x-

RetreatingAndAdvancing said...

You look so happy!

Sera said...

Beautiful, joyful pictures!
You are an inspiration xx

Sera

Inge said...

Ah, I know that just-not-right feeling too well. Getting something to eat goes a long way! But I love your additional steps and will try them next time I need to.

jorjiapeach said...

this is beautiful. <333

Mary (Mary's Musicology) said...

Would love to know where you got your boots! Super cute and versatile. Thanks!