SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

"a thing of beauty is a joy forever"

4.03.2012
































crisis avoided. i have finished my paper, though it is far from perfect...
who wants perfection anyway? i have certainly found that the things and people
i love most in this world are far from perfect. life is so much easier when
perfection is not the goal. it's something i have to constantly remind myself of.

i absolutely love the sensation i get when i finish something that initially feels impossible.
it's finished, not how i had hoped, but my joy is still pretty substantial.
i feel like joining spring outdoors with a book--thank goodness the final
novel i must read for this semester is jane austen's mansfield park.
i'm going to try to simply enjoy this one while i simultaneously keep my critical sensors alert.

most importantly i'm learning to be content that i will not always be able
to hear every single melody that this big world has to offer.
i can't imagine hearing more melodies than i already do.
i am grateful for those unheard melodies...they move me to contentment.

thank you all for your supportive comments and love!

happy, happy tuesday!

14 comments:

That Girl in Pearls said...

I have found that the pursuit of perfection is the hardest thing to let go of and the most essential ingredient of happiness. I have found that the more I let go of my want of perfection, the more I accomplish! Who knew.

Best of luck in your continued success. Reading a book on a Lovely spring day sounds like perfection.

Peace and Well Wishes,
B.

That Girl in Pearls

Jo said...

Well done on your achievement.
Perfection is a funny thing indeed I always see it in other people and never myself - but then it's probably obnoxious to see yourself as perfect.

Caroline said...

Sending you hugs!!!! Bisous.

Anonymous said...

perfection is boring

Ann Marie said...

Kamana, I totally agree! Perfection is totally boring :)

Christine said...

Hello! I love your blog and I have been reading it for a few months now...it's such a source of inspiration and beauty!
Now, I hope this isn't too odd, but I'm planning a camping trip to the Grand Tetons and Yosemite this summer (also maybe Moab but that may have to wait until another time, like when I get a paycheck that can pay all of my bills) and I was wondering if I could get your advice on when to go (i.e. when would be cheapest, least crowded) and where you would suggest setting up camp, or any other tidbits of info you think might be helpful? If you don't mind, my e-mail is Christine.Hartlaub@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon (but no worries if not). Thanks in advance, and for creating such a lovely space to visit!

julie said...

so glad u finished your paper, your pics r glorious...just catching up on missed posts & that last video just stole my heart...if i am half as beautiful & content as Maia at her age i will have a happy heart...thanks for sharing such beauty. xxx

RetreatingAndAdvancing said...

You're so right. The people I love the most in my life are far away from being perfect. That's how it should be.

I'm glad you could finish your paper!

Trude said...

Those flowers are just gorgeous, love your photos! Striving for perfection just leaves me immobilized; it's a constant battle for me but one I win every now and then. :)

sweet harvest moon said...

Congrats! It's a happy feeling indeed!

Beautiful pictures!

Lindsay said...

Beautiful. I agree about perfection. Happy Spring! ♥Lindsay

Carole said...

Nice post. You might like this post about being far from perfect. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/im-worth-it.html

federica said...

Lovely flowers...F.

Cobalt Violet said...

Congratulations on the paper and enjoy Mansfield Park!
Beautiful beautiful flower photos!