SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

ode to capitol reef national park {part three} : chimney rock and how we quickly came down from the mountain to avoid potential lightning

6.24.2011




chimney rock is a classic easy little hike in the park that offers some amazing views.
on our way out of the park ceej and i decided to quickly run up this little mountain
to see what we could see. after we got to the top and took a few photos
a storm began to quickly come in...that's how these storms work: they come so quickly
that they catch you off guard. the top of a mountain is no place to be in a potentially
electric storm. so we quickly packed up all the cameras and ran back down to the trailhead,
just in time for me to have my traditional chocolate milk before we got in the car and rain
started to fall harder than we've seen in years.



i'm off to spend the day with sisters, brothers, mom, nieces, & nephews at this local theme park.
i haven't been there since i was an awkward and obnoxious 15-year-old.
all morning i've been listening to this band to add a little nostalgia to the day. so awesome.
i'm hoping my stomach still possesses a bit of steal so that i don't get too sick. wish me luck!

next week i'll have more "come alive" posts for you. can't wait!

happy weekend!


7 comments:

Cassie said...

I can't wait to take my kids to Lagoon when they get a little bigger...I too haven't been there since my teens :)

Carey Brown Strombotne said...

chimney rock looks absolutely fantastic. i've got to change the fact that i've never been. love erasure, rockin' out right now!
good luck with your stomach not turning inside out!

the wild magnolia said...

I'm breathless again, it is a a dream come true, this tag alone.

Thank you, for sharing.

Caroline said...

So ahhhhmazing!

Cobalt Violet said...

You captured Utah beautifully! Wonderful post. I haven't been back there in 15 years! You are making me want to jump in the car and head east!

Danielle said...

absolutley gorgeous!!

Julie said...

So glad you linked to erasure-it made my day! I had to revisit all of my favorite songs from them and they all took me back.

amazing pictures-love that red rock.