SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

my favorite knitting project yet...i'm trying not to make twenty of these for myself to wear a different color everyday...that would be overdoing it?

10.13.2010









do you remember this fabulous yarn i couldn't resist?
i've been wanting to make a cowl scarf as soon as i picked up my first needles...
and i did this new project all by myself. figured out the directions, which were quite simple,
and hoped everything would turn out ok.
and i am quite pleased with what my needles and yarn did for me:
created my newest favorite fall warm item to wear.
what do you think?



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!



LOVE!

Caitlin said...

I love it! I am with you on cowl neck scarves. I am working on one right now myself. You'd love it! Basically a seed stitch in the round. I picked up some thick and quick (that was on sale!) from Michaels. I'll post pictures on my blog.

Caroline said...

That is gorgeous!! And the colors are so rich!!! Making twenty might take some time but I would do it :)!!

Maryclayre Dick said...

love it! good job!

Kate Kelleher said...

Blinkin Nora, how amazing are you Ann Marie? You taught yourself how to make this? I am stunned, it is gorgeous, I love the colours.

Cassie said...

love it--the color, the texture, the shape. makes me wish i knew how to knit...and had some of that yarn...

stephanie said...

I love it! That yarn is amazing!

Heather said...

Lovely! What pattern is it? Or did you just pick a stitch (is it linen stitch?) and figure it out from there?

Ann Marie said...

Heather,

It's a pattern from Leigh Radford's book "One More Skein"...I modified the pattern and CO 52 instead of her prescription for CO 36 stitches.

It's a "rosette" stitch...i'm still new at knitting so now i'm going to find out what a "linen" stitch is since you mentioned it ;)

Jamie said...

Beautiful - so wishing I knew how to knit.

Luise said...

this is so beautiful! i'm definitely going to try this once i'm finished with the scarf that i've been working on for ages now (i chose reeeally thin angora yarn for it...)
yay for thick yarn ;)

p.s. i just found your blog and i love it so much!!