SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

project film : my heart's in the highlands, my heart is not here

9.30.2010


























my heart seems to be elsewhere this morning...
i love mornings like this
when my soul realizes the simple complexities of life.

i began my morning with sun salutations to arvo part's
music coupled with robert burns' poem...
you must hear it, click here,
i listened to arvo part all morning
until i just ended with 12 cellos playing
this song...i never tire of it.




i love mornings when i see.

13 comments:

Char said...

lovely shots - and i've wanted to see his highlands, i really must go one day

Cassie said...

my goodness.

Beautiful words.

But the images are heart stopping. Gorgeous! (my favorite set yet!)

urban muser said...

your blog, and your photos, are lovely.

mysterymoor said...

oh my god, this is so beautiful!

Jane Flanagan said...

absolutely stunning! I'm listening right now as I look at your photos.

Eve said...

These are so lovely and the lighting is beautiful--the fourth image, with all that light coming down from the top, seems to have an extra-special power over me.

Plus, I'm so glad to be reminded of this Arvo Part piece. I once heard the Hilliard Ensemble perform it live in Amsterdam--it was extraordinary, as was the entire concert, which included the Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir. Arvo Part makes me want to be a composer.

Tribe of Two said...

Thanks so much for your comment. It brought me to your blog-which is absolutely beautiful.

XO,

Coyote Kind

Tonia said...

Thank you so much for posting the Avro Part piece, it has really made my gray and rainy morning bearable!

Kate Kelleher said...

Beautiful photos and words. Thanks for your comment, through it I found your wonderful blog.

Koey said...

The photos are so beautiful!!

Nell said...

These are truly spectacular pictures. Beautiful xx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks to you and your beautiful blog for introducing me to the music of Avro Part. I can't believe that I've lived this long without it. I must go explore all of his works. Isn't it wonderful, that spark ignites and the creative journey begins...