SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

manifesto monday: music and my soul

2.01.2010



it was once told me that i would "have the capacity and the opportunity to enjoy and be fulfilled by beautiful music." this past week i remembered this as i have been fully entranced by cellos, violins, and poetry {which i include in the "music" genre}. i have often thought about the role music plays in my life...usually i have thought that i must practice the piano more often to share with others, and this has led to a typical reprimand that i have not practiced enough. now, my view has widened. i realized this week as i listened to music composed so lovely and so deliberately how it inspired me to write more lovely and more deliberately. it inspired me to take photographs lovely and deliberately. music helps me to see. it brings my soul out to meet the beauties of the earth and of people. it whispers hidden things to me, and tells me great mysteries.
i no longer beat myself up over a lacking musical talent, but will continue to fill my life with the music others have so generously created. this music will help me to bring some good thing to this earth. this i believe.

1 comments:

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Your words rang true to me about the music which others give us...where would we be without the inspiration of beautiful songs and melody?! Thanks for telling me (on your profile) about Sarah Sample...some new beauty to listen to while I'm in the studio...Cheers for the lovely orchard walk too!