SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

'tis the season: deck the halls {part three}

12.15.2009


my favorite decorations are the ones
i made myself.
isn't that always the case?


i remember reading this book about centenarians,
people who are 100+ years old.
good people.
this book inspired me.
one part, though simple and passes in the blink of an eye,
is about how mona breckner remembered
making christmas decorations: "paper chains and things."
it made an impression on me.
i wanted to make my own decorations rather
than buy empty plastic trinkets from a store
that i would throw away when they were no longer
cute.
if i made it, it will always be meaningful...


"remember that one year i finally found a use for
that old music book we bought at that thrift store?"

"remember how i traced each bird, and cut it all out by hand?"



these are my christmas peace doves.
they remind me of
forgiveness and empathy.



love my doves
{and the twinkle lights too!}

4 comments:

onesilentwinter said...

it is lovely!

Unknown said...

beautiful - there really isn't much like the simple beauty of fairy lights and peace on earth.

Blue Satin Sashes said...

I love the sheet music birds! I had hoped to make these for my wedding but ran out of time after folding what seemed like a thousand origami birds.

Dianne said...

I'm trying to figure out what the music is on the peace dove? Can't do it.