SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

ten items or less...or more

10.12.2009

the lovely nadia over at la porte rouge invited her readers to list their ten happy items...more or less. i think it is a brilliant idea. especially because i could use a little reminder today of how sweet life is. so here's my ten:

{one}
days with a shroud of clouds, dark heavy clouds
{two}
lying in svasana listening to arvo part
{three}
dancing when no one is watching
{four}
my loyal wellies, green and quite functional
{five}
the smell of homemade doughnuts mingled with
the smell of a fire on an autumn evening
{six}
spending every day and every moment with ceej.
i. am. so. lucky.
{seven}
singing old folk songs with mo.
{eight}
letting words flow from my pen onto a blank sheet of paper
{nine}
reading keats, whitman, dickinson, and eliot aloud
{ten}
visiting new england when october comes..seeing all the
cozy homes, fruitful farms, and beautifully haunting graveyards.


now. it's your turn.

{photo by me. poem from auden.}



3 comments:

Jasmine said...

Your ten would make me feel a little happier too. Here goes (in no particular order)

1 The smell of autumn air and her gentle breezes kissing my cheeks.

2 My lovely daughter and her wonderful dad.

3 Memories of walking my beautiful dog, she is dearly missed...

3 Good weather

4 visits from or visiting loved ones.

5 Adventures.

6 Seeing a wild animal where I did not expect to.

7 Trees

8 Large bodies of water

9 Music

10 Felt

Now that I've started I need so many more...

Celluloid Stalker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
onesilentwinter said...

oh your ten i can live by!