SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

good afternoon autumn walk

9.30.2009

photos from the fall walk yesterday...
remember?
it was cloudy and cold?
today is cool, not a cloud in the sky.
but i'll take plain cool anyday.

so there's a little spot down by the river
where i'm pretty sure an Ent lives.
yes, a living tree.

i wanted to check it out for myself
getting as close as possible...

sure enough, it's very alive.
i thought someone was sneaking around,
but it was the branches, the leaves, and the wood.

a favorite poem came to mind
it starts and ends:
when i am among the trees,
especially the willows and the honey locust...
and you too have come
into the world to do this, to go easy, to be filled
with light, and to shine.

thank you, trees, for everything.

2 comments:

Netti said...

CUTEST outfit ever. I want that shirt. Ok, I want the whole entire outfit.

I also want to go play with those living trees and have them pick me up and carry me around. That would be grand!

Love all these pictures to bits and pieces!

Mo said...

Hieeee AnnMarie. This is Mo. I finally figured out how to leave a comment! Woot woot! Anyway just wanted to say that your blog is awesome and that my mom has started reading it too and that we both talk about how beautiful the writing and photography is. And that says a lot because the only thing my mom knows how to do on the computer is play online tetris.
love Mo