SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

Who told you that you could?

8.05.2009

last night i talked to a dear friend. i've known her for 12 years now. it was good to laugh with her and to talk about life with her. it got me thinking of how many wonderful friends i have and all the wonderful things they are doing:
doctors
writers
activists
artists
scientists
mothers
fathers
singers
editors
designers
i started thinking "who told them they could do that?" "who told them that they could do whatever they wanted to do?" "who encouraged them?" "who told them to go for it?"
and that's what i'm asking you, dear readers. i'm interested to know who told you that you could live your dream?
{i really do want to know who has inspired you. i know that we are here for each other, and that many of us have been motivated and inspired by others. i think this is a wonderful thing that we have. so, please, give a shout out to those who have helped you along the way}
photo, yet again, by cig harvey...i'm feeling lazy today and went for an easy image. but it sure is lovely, don't you think?

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I told me. I told myself that I could go after any dream and achieve anything I planned for. Several books I read were quite inspirational and my parents have always been very supportive (even though I don't think they understand my current career goal of being a philosophy professor and would rather that I become a doctor or lawyer). As cliche as it sounds, the best person to tell you that you can have everything you want is you.

Natalie said...

I love this post. It really made me think. I would have to say my Great Grandma is the person who inspired me when I was younger. She was the sweetest lady I have ever met. She was always satified with her role as a mother and was always kind, gentle, aware, intelligent and very considerate. I do think the best part of dreaming is that it never stops. My dreams change all the time as I learn more about myself. The best part is I know nothing is impossible. The only limitations we have are the ones we give ourself.