SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

Friday Issue Roundup: Birth

1.16.2009


The Business of Being Born. A documentary made awhile back about birthing choices. There are more options. Better options. My cousin showed this film to me while I was with her in NYC this fall. It makes you cry. It's just so beautiful. This is what it means to be a woman: strong, creative, and awe-some.

The website is great because it has a recommended book list, articles that you can read for more study, how to contact a midwife, etc.

2 comments:

amy said...

I was so SO glad that they made this movie, but there were some things about it that left me feeling unsettled, too. All in all, a really important film, if only to show people the reality of normal birth for the first time in their lives! I'd love to hear your thoughts on the film sometime...Let's get together!

Ann Marie said...

Yes! I really appreciated the simple fact that it made me think more, and ask more questions. I know there's some risks with homebirths, etc. WOULD LOVE to talk with you Amy!!!