SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

Frank Gehry In Utah?

9.25.2008




Guggenheim, Bilbao, Spain

Dancing House, Prague

Disney Concert Hall

The Point, Lehi, Utah


Plans have been revealed for Gehry's architectural plans for a development at the Point of the Mountain in Lehi. We've been hearing about this for years. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I know I love Frank Gehry. Part of me is definitely honored and excited to have such a fantastic architect/artist take interest in little ol' Utah. However, I never do like development. But I guess that land would have been developed despite my protests...so I must say that I'd rather Frank Gehry be in charge than Ivory Homes. Read about the plans here. 

2 comments:

CJ said...

The weird part is that its near Lehi...And there are large hills surrounding it and some very large mega-box stores near bye like Cabela's. And the nearby housing development isn't that great. I can't believe Frank went for it. To me it just seams out of place. Imagine sticking the EMP or the Barcelona museum in the middle of an Arizona stucco home ocean, thats what this is like. Only it comes with a large wasteful pool of water

Liz said...

cool!!!