SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

California

8.11.2008

In the souls of the people the grapes of wrath are filling and growing heavy, growing heavy for the vintage.

This morning I am flying back to California...the idea of California always reminds me of Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath and the devastation of the Great Depression companioned with the Dust Bowl. 

I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things, and going to the farmer's markets. I am grateful that California has been kind to us.

photo: Library of Congress, Mojave Desert

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Travels!

ali said...

That's funny; I just drove through Oklahoma and thought of the Grapes of Wrath. California reminds me of the beach and Disneyland. :)