SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

Rattling Around My Brain

7.25.2008


I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau
This statement by Thoreau has been rattling around in my head all morning long. I first heard it when I first watched Dead Poet's Society over fifteen years ago. That is such a lovely and moving movie. I need to watch it again soon. When I was in high school I watched it every weekend.
I have thought about Thoreau's words over the years, and now that I have read him myself I am even more dedicated to living a deliberate life. It also reminds me of the power of the earth. We have so much to learn, so much to learn!

1 comments:

Mrs.French said...

Dead Poets and Thoreau! i am loving this post my friend!