SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

Our Newest Friends

6.30.2008

Just outside our apartment is a tree which is the home for a little bird family: Mom, Dad, and baby. For the past week Ceej and I have been closely watching the development of baby. Last Monday the baby would sit in his nest all day and chirp non-stop. By Thursday he was hopping around on the ground below the tree...Mom and Dad were very protective and would yell at us every time we walked out our front door. Sometimes they'd get very close and hover near us, threatening to gouge our eyeballs out. Today baby is as big as Mom and Dad and his voice is just as deep. I think they will be flying away soon. So sad to see our new friends go.

1 comments:

Dianne said...

This is what I love to hear about. I am so, very grateful for all the creations, especially the birds. Every morning when I am up working in the yard, I think my yard sounds like the tropical zone at the zoo. It is full of birds' chirping. I also like to watch them using the bird bath. Last night, while I was in the front flower garden, two humming birds nearly bombed me. Fred and Frances are getting home from their mission tomorrow, so I have been getting that flower garden ready for them; when they drive into their driveway.