SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

Lucky 13: Moons & Goddesses

6.13.2008


If you haven't realized it yet, today is Friday the 13th. Most think of today as an unlucky day, some think of the Knights Templar (though some say this link is incorrect...I don't know for sure), and some think superstitions are childish or unreasonable.
I like to think of the number 13 as my number, and this is why. 13 is a number that is symbolic of the feminine. A woman's monthly cycle echoes that of the moon's: We have 13 28-day cycles, just like the moon. In Christianity the number 12 has been seen as a whole number (12 apostles), but if you add Jesus Christ himself to that grouping you get 13!
Concerning goddesses: I like Botticelli's depiction of the Birth of Venus as she comes forth out of the ocean (the tides being directly linked to the moon!). I like to associate things...so just follow me on this one. Venus is the goddess of Love, love is found in our 4th chakra (the heart center), and she's a feminine goddess, so she would probably approve of the number 13. Thus, today should be a day of Love and not an unlucky day. Yes? Wether or not you agree I'm going to make Friday the 13th a day to show people who are close to me that I love them.

0 comments: