SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

Vision, Confidence, & Faith

2.07.2008

This is my favorite painting of all time. Yes, I love it more than anything I have ever seen. Painted by Jules Bastien-Lepageis this is Joan of Arc. It is in the New York City Metropolitan Museum of Art. It is enormous and beautiful. I am sad that it was on loan last time we were there.

Today I wish I had the vision, confidence, and faith that this amazing woman had. Look at her eyes...she has seen angels and knows what she is to do and she does not recoil, no, she looks and leans forward. I want those eyes that say so much, and are wise and full of feminine strength. Ah, Joan of Arc, I need you today.

2 comments:

ali said...

When I was in London I saw a one-woman show about Joan of Arc. The monologue lasted a couple hours but I was seriously moved by it.

You have chosen a good favorite; lovely painting. Be strong, little Ann.

Aleena said...

I also LOVE this painting. I saw it at the Met when I was in New York and was astounded. There is nothing like seeing great art in its original, very emotional.

I love how you have described Joan of Arc. You are right she does embody all of those wonderful attributes. How inspiring!