SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

I Just Like Old Things, Ancient Things

2.20.2008

Ancient things I L-O-V-E, a list:

01. Medieval Manuscripts - their pages literally speak to my soul
02. Yoga - the yoking of body, mind, and spirit
03. Religious Rituals - returning to the beginning
04. Fairytales - the ongoing battle between good and evil
05. Ents - if only the trees would speak to us today
06. Greek Mythology - oh, to be the bard!
07. Silvery White Hair - I'm seriously contemplating dying mine, or perhaps I'll be lucky like my Mom - not sure why I consider that "ancient", but it just is, and it's good.
08. Chanting - in many creation stories sound is what created all things, and is the quickest way to find the divine
09. Words - how sacred a gift they are, indeed they are to be used wisely
10. Mummies - why are they so intriuging?
11. Stars - they are older than even our Earth
12. the Maya - though they could be ruthless, their fascination with the universe is mine as well
13. Ruins - they hold the spirit of many gone before who I desparetly want to feel


Earlier this morning I went to the Rare Books Division at the University to have a look at some Medieval Manuscripts from Britain. My joy is difficult to explain...what beauty, love, mystery, devotion, and knowledge these books breathe!
So now my dream job has expanded into two dream jobs:
01. Yoga instructor
02. Rare Books Curator/Collector

0 comments: