SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

SPACE FOR YOUR IMAGE DESCRIPTION OR TITLE

Our "Move the Gift" gift

12.15.2007


CJ and I will give Phil (the future tense because Phil couldn't make it last night) a copy of The Little Prince. Our favorite part from the book is the following exerpt:

"You are beautiful, but you are empty, " he went on. "One could not die for you. To be sure, an ordinary passerby would think that my rose looked just like you-the rose that belongs to me. But in herself alone she is more important than all the hundreds of you other roses: because it is she that I have watered; because it is she that I have put under the glass blobe; because it is she that I have sheltered behind the screen; because it is for her that I have killed the caterpillars (except the two or three that we saved to become butterflies); because it is she that I have listened to, when she grumbled, or boasted, or even sometimes when she said nothing. Because she is my rose."

For CJ and I the small simple things are most sacred and not to be undermined or overlooked. Taking care of those closest to us by listening to grumbles or silence, surprising friends with a well-cooked meal, talking with a grandparent about their childhood, helping someone with a small task--this is what is meaningful, and this is what can change the world.


Happy Christmas to all...and MOVE THE GIFT!

0 comments: